All students who are Baltimore City Residents who are rising 6th–10th grade are eligible to apply. However, students with PARCC score of 3 are higher have a greater chance of consideration due to Ingenuity’s ranking process for admissions.
Ingenuity ranks all applicants using a composite score:
- math and reading PARCC scores,
- math and reading final grades from the prior year and first quarter of the current year, and
- Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) administered at Ingenuity's test day.
- High school applicants must also take an Algebra I exam on test day.
There are two common entry points for The Ingenuity Project. These entry points are 6th grade and 9th grade. There are generally 150 spots available for entering 6th graders and 90 spots for entering 9th graders.
- Spots for entry in 7th and 8th grades are only available when a student moves or leaves the program, typically 1-3 seats a year.
- Spots for entry in 10th grade are rarely granted and are also conditional based on specific math and science courses completed in 9th grade in order to jump into Ingenuity’s sequence.
- No seats are granted to rising 11th or 12th graders.
Admissions policies are explained in full at the beginning of the application form. The application window is currently closed.