In the fall of 2016, the Board of Directors and staff compiled and studied the outcomes of the 2013 Strategic Plan. They began a planning process to set forth new goals and targets for the year 2020. In this planning, feedback was gathered from alumni, parents, students, teachers, and major stakeholders.
Outcomes revealed the need to increase the number of under-represented students enrolled in The Ingenuity Project and accepted to selective colleges. In order to fulfill this aspiration, Ingenuity will cultivate a diverse pipeline of Ingenuity scholars, expand the number of seats for qualified students, be the exemplary accelerated math and science program that prepares Baltimore City students for selective colleges and STEM careers, and provide tailored support & enrichment opportunities to all.
The high school program aligns to the highest standards in math and science to enable students to enroll and succeed in selective colleges and STEM careers. The program is committed to identifying a cohort of diverse students that reflects the ethnicity, gender and income of Baltimore City.
The middle school program provides students with rigorous math and science courses and experiences that prepare and inspire a pursuit of advanced STEM curriculum in high school. The program is committed to identifying, recruiting, and supporting students with high potential and interest in STEM from historically underserved populations in Baltimore City.
Cultivate a diverse pipeline of Ingenuity scholars Goal:
- Strengthen recruitment, access and placement for high achieving students from historically underserved populations in Baltimore City.
- Improve the diversity of our middle school classrooms.
Expand Number of Seats for Qualified Students Goal:
- Expand the number of seats in our city wide programs from 562 in 2015-16 to 662 in 2019-2020 (Total= 74 middle school seats and 26 high school seats).
Be the exemplary accelerated math and science program that prepares Baltimore City students for selective colleges and STEM careers.
- Develop advanced engineering and technology curriculum to strengthen alignment of our STEM curriculum 6th through 12th grade.
- Ensure all Ingenuity middle school students meet qualifying Algebra criteria for entrance to Ingenuity at Poly.
Provide Tailored Support & Enrichment Opportunities to All Goals
- Implement grade level enrichment and support service framework for grades 6 through 12.
- Inspire and engage our students through an effective early college/career enrichment and advising program.